Once I was asked the question, “How to show previews of WordPress templates to potential clients the same way, as on woothemes or themeforest?”. It’s a very useful thing for portfolio, if you are web designer who creates WordPress themes.
So, after some web searching, I found a plugin for showing demos of WordPress templates – WordPress Theme Demo Bar, which I’ve decided to test. The result of my testing was very good. This plugin is easy to use and I would recommend it to many web designers.
Let us consider the possibilities of this plugin.
How to install WordPress Theme Demo Bar
You need to install this plugin, to show demo previews of your WordPress themes.
Of course, the first thing to do, is to download this WordPress plugin from here. Unpack the archive and upload its content to your blog plugin directory “../wp-content/plugins/”. Go to “Plugins” in your Dashboard and activate “WordPress Theme Demo Bar“. Now we need to do some settings in “Settings” => “WP Theme Demo Bar“.
Features of this plugin
- Preview of any WordPress template without its activation;
- You can specify the height of the demo-bar and lock it when scrolling;
- Demo-bar will be placed at the top or at the bottom of the page;
- The user can choose which template to show in demo-bar;
- User can disable or close demo-bar;
- You can setup additional CSS files and customize the look of Demo bar using CSS;
- You can hide specific templates from public view;
- There is a counter of previews for each template;
- It is possible to customize the each template: you can set a link to show more information about the theme, to download template or to purchase it;
- You can use shortcodes
- There is a media button in the Post/Page edit, for faster adding of theme preview link;
- Widget available to show “Select Theme” drop-down menu;
How to add “preview WordPress theme” link
You simply need to insert this link to your post/page:
If you want to show preview without demo-bar, use this kind of url:
I hope that this plugin will be useful to you!